Listen Live

Paignton man treated for smoke inhalation

Fire in living room of home

A 42-year-old man's been treated for the effects of breathing in smoke after escaping from a fire in the Preston area of Paignton around 6.30 pm on Sunday.

Everyone had escaped from the two-storey building by the time fire crews from the town were joined by others from Torquay in Wills Avenue.

The lounge has been extensively damaged by fire. Crews gave the casualty oxygen therapy. The fire is thought to have been caused accidentally.

More from Local News

Listen Live
On Air Now Amy Capron Playing Stayin' Alive Bee Gees