Could Devon Sound be South Devon’s new radio station?
Devon Sound pitches for new radio station
Exe Broadcasting, the company that owns Radio Exe, has published its plans for a new radio station for South Devon.
The licence for the existing radio station in Torbay ends in May next year. The regulator, Ofcom, will decide this autumn who should run the station for the next 12 years.
Exe Broadcasting’s new station, provisionally called Devon Sound, is planning:
- More music and more local programming than any other commercial station in Devon
- A wider range of music from the dawn of rock ‘n’ roll to current releases
- Double the amount of local news than provided currently
- Programmes wholly from Devon, even if the government changes the rules
- More than double the amount of locally produced programmes than provided currently, enshrined in a legally binding format with the regulator
It’s Radio Exe – for Torbay
Devon Sound’s music will be roughly the same as that on Radio Exe. We’ll have different programmes for much of the week; including new breakfast, drivetime and weekend presenters. Chris Dinnis’s daytime show will be on both stations, but with some dedicated features specially for South Devon.
How to help
If you support the plans, let the people who will make a decision know. They’re at: email@example.com please mark your email ‘Torbay’.