And there's a bit left in the kitty
Five East Devon community buildings are getting £17,500 of funding from East Devon District Council.
Money from its community buildings fund is being made to the following projects:
- Beer Albion Football Club: £3,500 to help pay for a viewing area for sports activities, community events and for private hire events
- Colyford Memorial Hall: £4611.68 to help replace their floor, which is beyond further repair
- Exton Village Hall: £2,567.76 to help provide the audio and sound system with a hearing loop
- Newton Poppleford Pavilion: £2,000 towards replacing windows, door and other woodwork
- West Hill Royal British Legion Hall: £5,000 to help create a new kitchen.
The community building fund has been running for more than 14 years and provides grants of up to £5,000. It helps rural community buildings and community shops with projects such as new or improved toilet facilities, kitchen facilities, roof repairs, heating and new door fixtures.
The next closing date for applications is 9 a.m. on Monday 15 March 2021. The council has 2,187.56 left in the kitty.