Listen Live

Residents evacuated after Exeter fire

It happened at a café on Sidwell Street

People have been evacuated from flats in Sidwell Street, after a fire at a café this morning [30 November].

Crews were called just after 6am, where they confirmed a fire in its kitchen.

The fire was contained to a commercial oven, which caused 20% smoke damage to the kitchen and office area.

In a statement, the service added: “Crews extinguished the fire using four Breathing Apparatus, two Hose Reel Jets, and a fan to ventilate the property.”

“All residents were evacuated safely.”

More from Local News

Listen Live
On Air Now Through The Evening Playing One Love Blue