The cause is believed to be accidental
Crews have tackled a house fire in Torquay this lunchtime [16 August].
The incident is believed to have taken place on Hele Road at around 1pm.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue says everyone from the property were accounted for, and that the fire has been put out.
The cause is believed to be accidental.
In a statement, they said: "Two appliances from Torquay and one from Paignton attended the incident. Upon arrival crews confirmed there was smoke issuing and a fire in the ground floor flat, crews got to work using 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet, 1 safety jet and a thermal imaging camera.
"All persons from the property were accounted for and the police and ambulance were requested to attend. The fire was extinguished and the property ventilated by the fire service."
It's the second fire on Hele Road this week, following another on Monday night.