Trains also running at a reduced service
The forecaster had issued a warning, which it removed. But another has now been put in place between 1030 and 2000 today (Friday 8th February) as Storm Erik hits the UK.
They say to expect:
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves
Cross Country are running a reduced service because of high tides at Dawlish.
#Dawlish - An amended CrossCountry service operates in the South West between 09:30 and 12:30 today (Friday 08 February).— CrossCountry trains (@CrossCountryUK) February 8, 2019
For more information:- https://t.co/r1yqLUN5mE.
For service alterations & alternative arrangements:- https://t.co/VWVAYS0D9M.